Eagles in the Community
The Eagles are a proud member of Adelaide’s Western Suburbs community and is currently increasing it’s involvement in many local community initiatives with school, sporting, charity and other groups.
In 2012, these Community initiatives continue to focus on developing three main areas for the Club:
- Junior Supporters
- Community Involvement
- Game Day attendance promotions
- Interactive Game Day themes (i.e. Auskick Day, Kids Day etc.)
Join the “Wingspan” – The Eagles Community Volunteers
We are currently looking for volunteers to help set up and man our community displays a various local events in our zone.such as those listed above.
If you would like to help the Eagles in their community initiatives and events please contact Phil Herden at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eagles Community Links
Following is a list of organisations that have established a “Community Link” with the Eagles.
This involves some joint promotion and interaction during the season.
CARA (Community Accommodation and Respite Agency)
- Aim – A charity that provides disability support services too people with a disability and their families
- Details – Involves 500 clients and families, Key event is the CARA Christmas Carnival
- Contact – Sarah Axford, Ph 8347 4588 / e-mail email@example.com
Carers SA (Western Carers)
- Aim – Support carers who look after a family member or friend with a disability, is frail aged or has a chronic / physical illness.
- Details – Involves over 1,050 members with support groups, retreats, regional and Christmas events,
- Contact – Anna Schmidt, Ph 8240 2900 / E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles Sturt Lions Club
- making the communities better, by using their creativity, enthusiasm and energy.
- Contact – Tim Colgan, Ph 0402 839 639
Grange Lions Club
- Aim – Assistance to the community.
- Contact – Janet Hills, Ph 829 7313
Kilkenny Senior Citizen Club
- Aim – Social Meetings for Senior Citizens, Community Hall @ 27a Wilpena Tce, Kilkenny.
- Details – Currently 30 members involved with social events such as cards, bowls, billiard, bus trips, birthday lunches and xmas breakup party.
- Contact – Rosemary Mudde, Ph 8380 8421
Meals on Wheels
- Aim – 90 Volunteers serving over 100 clients per day with meals in the Woodville Area
- Contact – Robin Cram, 039 500 623
Neighbourhood Watch (Woodville / Woodville Park)
- Aim – Working together to make our environment safer
- Details – Involves 1600 houses in area with Bi Monthly Newsletter & meetings.
- Contact – Jnr Const Ian Gregor, Ph 0427 870 69
Reedbeds Community Centre
(19 Fitch Road, Fulham)
- Aim – A centre for people of all ages living around the area. Used by over 400 members in the local community each week with a wide range of programs including computer courses, over 50’s fitness, playgroups, functions etc.
- Contact – Rose Dunn, Ph 8235 1644
Uniting Care Wesley (Bowden)
- Aim – Welfare Charity in the North Western suburbs
- Contact – Natalie Martin-Coat Ph 825 7115 / e-mail email@example.com
West Croydon & Kilkenny R.S.L.
- Aim – RSL Club with over 160 members
- Activities – Lawn Bowls /BBQ, Sat Night Caberet & Big Band Nights, Raffles ets
- Contact – Brian Walker Ph 8346 4855 / e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
West Lakes Tennis Club
- Aim – Social, Competition & Tournament Tennis
- Contact – Slawka Gawlik Ph 0416 692 113 / email email@example.com
West Torrens Rotary Club
- Aim – Community Service
- Contact – Helen Scotcher, Ph 8371 4811 / e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Central (City of Charles Sturt)
- Aim – Providing opportunities for young people (12-25 years) to be active and valued members of our community.
- Details – Events held include National Youth Week, Youth Leadership forums, WestFest, school holiday programs and Friday social/recreation drop ins from 3.30pm to 7pm.
- Contact – Melissa Cutting, Ph 8408 1313
- Email - email@example.com